Monday, 26 March 2007 @ 1:09:00 pm
Best Friends Forever, are you sure?
The April issue of Seventeen magazine was talking about BFF, a.k.a. Best Friends Forever. It dawned to me, that actually some people I’ve actually treated well as a friend, might be using me.To me, best friends are there to listen to me and give me the right advice when I’m facing a problem, supporting my decisions too. Not someone who leaves me more frustrated when they start talking about themselves for no apparent reasons. Do you like it if your BF, as in best friends, starts to talk about themselves, not even letting you even one chance, EVEN ONE CHANCE, to butt in? I DON’T LIKE IT. It’s disrespectful!Best friends are supposed to not bail on people when they have already promise to go shopping/wherever you want to go. It’s crap… I have this friend who have bailed on me at least twice, first telling me she had a family lunch/buffet to attend, second telling me she had a class gathering to attend. Whoa… Don’t bail on me on the day itself! Can you give me the respect by letting me know about 1 to 2 days beforehand? Just because of the outing/shopping trip, I might have actually declined other people’s invite, do you know that?
They should also take the initiative to call/MSN/invite people out, not wait for people to do so. You think you are a PRINCESS huh…? If you’re a princess, then I am the King of Scotland! It actually tells the other party whether you are keen on the friendship. Once in a while do it, okay? It doesn’t hurt to spend 2 minutes to send a sms to a friend, ask them how was their day. I used to take the initiative to call these friends, I would often update them about what happened in my life, and would ask them for their updates. But they don’t seemed interested in doing so, I felt lonely. They were actually my BEST FRIENDS!!!! What the heck… If you’re so bent on being busy with the rest of your life, by all means go ahead!Crap, I DISLIKE these types of friends. You want to use me, to HELL you go. Go use someone’s else! Where are your initiatives? Where are all the care and concern a friend should give?! Seriously, man, they ain’t friends, they are just acquaintances. Crap.